Welcome Guest! to the United Tactical Force Gaming Community!
  • Page 1 of 1
Community Forum » General » General Discussion » Advertisement at the Shoutbox
Advertisement at the Shoutbox
RaptorDate: Tuesday, 29 May 12, 15:37 | Post # 1
Private
Group: Users
I would like to discuss the recent events at the shoutbox, but I'm pretty sure the shoutbox itself is the wrong place (hope this section here fits...).

Quote (Justice at the shoutbox)
Foobar, you could not stop your advertising action? I want to remind you...

"Remind" is an interesting word in this context. I can't remember we spoke about advertisement before, and I wasn't able to find something about it in your forum rules. Are there special rules for the shoutbox somewhere?

In any case I'm sorry that you considered my post as inappropriate. You were talking about swat4 mods and I just wanted to give a heads-up for a imho great looking mod. And the following posts was simply necessary because it's not "my mod", I have nothing to do with it (except waiting for and discussing about it).

I'm also sorry that AST|<<))|TheIceMan reacted pretty harsch, you catched him in a bad mood today.

Btw: I don't know your organisation structure and it's not my buisness. But why is it always Justice, a normal member, who opens such discussions? Usually a clan is represented by the leaders. If only one normal members gives his opinion, no one can be sure whether this statements represent the opinion of the team too.
And futher sidenote: imho it's a good manner to leave at least a short notice if you edit a post wink

Sincerely
AST|<<)))|Raptor

Message edited by Foobar - Tuesday, 29 May 12, 15:38

LechDate: Tuesday, 29 May 12, 16:04 | Post # 2
Generalissimo
Group: Leadership
Quote (Foobar)
I wasn't able to find something about it in your forum rules.

We thought it's obvious that adverts cant be tolerate.
It's second time when u posted link to other clan website on UTF shoutbox and i can't tolerate more of them cuz it's ad.
You could tell xx clan is creating some mod and interested ppl would find it out.

Justice is smart guy who like to help us a lot and i support it.

Sorry for not posting any notice about edit.

@btw we can't know which clan member ur with name Foobar cuz we don't know any1 with that name.

MikeDate: Tuesday, 29 May 12, 16:28 | Post # 3
Major general
Group: GameMaster
Quote (Foobar)
I'm also sorry that AST|<<))|TheIceMan reacted pretty harsch, you catched him in a bad mood today.

Tell me when he's in a good mood. Played with him and he has everything except being normal... hope i don't have to explain...
Quote (Foobar)
"Remind" is an interesting word in this context. I can't remember we spoke about advertisement before, and I wasn't able to find something about it in your forum rules. Are there special rules for the shoutbox somewhere

I believe it's common sense sir, we hopped that there was no need of rules but if you want, I can write some for you

Tnx to floffypus for the sign :D

RaptorDate: Tuesday, 29 May 12, 16:47 | Post # 4
Private
Quote (Mike)
Tell me when he's in a good mood. Played with him and he has everything except being normal... hope i don't have to explain...

So you consider this statement as helpful?

4. Insulting, disrespecting, name-calling is strictly prohibited. Please respect all nationalities, religions and colors of the skin.

THAT is common sense, nevertheless you wrote it down.

Quote (Lech)
We thought it's obvious that adverts cant be tolerate.

It's not, at least not for me. But ofc respect your opinion, I won't post futher links here.
But no one told me about that after I posted the first link, Justice just complained that it wasn't your conflict I wrote about.

FYI my personal opinion about "advertising":
Go ahead and advertise your site at AST shoutbox or forum (in fact you are already linked in our forum). In case player xyz feels more interested in reading your stuff than ours, he can start to be active in your forum and stop activity in our. It's the decision of xyz, I would be glad for him that he found something that fits his interests better.
Same goes for our members: go ahead and suggest every of our members to join your clan. If someone feels that he fits better in your team, he is free to switch at any time.
Imho it's an individual decision for everyone where, how and with whom he/she wants to spent the free time. Every friendly, reasonable player is welcome at AST, but we force no one to come to or stay with us. I don't get money neither for players at our servers nor for forum readers wink
[Just my opinion, I didn't spoke about that issue with my fellow teammembers yet. But I wanted to reply fast here smile ]

@Lech: I changed my ingame name ages ago, but my ucoz account was already created smile
Anyway if my team membership and leading position is important for the topic/issue/post, I write it to my signature.

Sincerely
AST|<<)))|Raptor

MikeDate: Tuesday, 29 May 12, 17:07 | Post # 5
Major general
Group: GameMaster
Quote (Foobar)
Go ahead and advertise your site at AST shoutbox

Stop it right here
Quote (Foobar)
AST shoutbox

This is UTF, it's different here, note that
Quote (Foobar)
So you consider this statement as helpful?

Quote (Foobar)

Should solve your confusion
Im not here for a conflit, but I cant let this pass though

Tnx to floffypus for the sign :D

JusticeDate: Tuesday, 29 May 12, 20:12 | Post # 6
Major
Group: Friends
Why you need it. Your message was removed because it is the way it should be, this is so that you can not post other people's links or something like that. I want to remind you once again. Mr Foobar, UTF has nothing against you or the AST. Do not be so accept this change as a great tragedy. I noticed that you're too curious person. if you know, there is 1 aphorism: If you know a little, the longer you live.
I think that you wanted the leaders of the clan were punished me. Your behavior shows it.
f I made a violation I am ready for punishment. and 1 more thing. you probably did not like that guy. and leaders banned him, even though he was in the group "Friends". seems you understood about whom I. We understand, maybe you wanted to help us than that. As I know you have xfire accaunt, so, our members have too. if you have suggestions? we have a special forum for it. Or contact with clan leaders. Please accept my words as the words of best friend. smile

Added (29 May 12, 21:12)
---------------------------------------------
Quote (Foobar)
"Remind" is an interesting word in this context. I can't remember we spoke about advertisement before, and I wasn't able to find something about it in your forum rules. Are there special rules for the shoutbox somewhere?

I want to remind you., This is official site of the clan UTF, and not a board for announcements. <= Foobar you just did not see my words fully

How can you not believe in man? Even if you see that he's lying, listen and try to understand why he's lying.

Message edited by Justice - Tuesday, 29 May 12, 20:13

RickDate: Tuesday, 29 May 12, 21:05 | Post # 7
Lieutenant colonel
Group: Members
I haven't seen the message. i don't know foobar. i haven't really got an opinion about this. and even if i had i have no real influence in this conversation. however, i do think that some people should stop making a whole wall of text without really saying anything. on the other side, people could stop reading those posts aswell. i don't know who's to blame in this matter. the only thing i do know, that is if you are still reading this, is that you should stop at this line. there is no real information to be seen in the next couple of lines anyways, or will there be?
but yeah some people will be curious enough to continue reading, for those i am writing this. about rules being obvious or not, i think it's obvious not every set of rules covers everything. unless changed, i think UTF still is a clan for fun. in my personal opinion a clan for fun does not need everything covered with rules. such clans can say they don't like something that has happened and forbid it to happen again. replies to this like: "but this can be done at our clan" are good for seeing the differences between two clans, but not really much more than that.

to make a big story small, this clan does not like advertisements to be placed on this website, so please do not do such things.

and that my friends, is common sense.

Everybody stutters one way or the other so check out this message to you, as a matter of fact let nothing hold you back if the gasman can gas it, so can you, im the gasman. dee dab a dee da dab

RaptorDate: Tuesday, 29 May 12, 21:15 | Post # 8
Private
Sorry Justice, I don't understand your text completely. I'll try to answer at the parts I understand:

Quote (Justice)
I think that you wanted the leaders of the clan were punished me. Your behavior shows it.

No, I don't want that. If I wanted you to be punished, I would have demanded that in UTF forum or with a PM directly to your leaders.
But my point was just that your actions look like you represent the whole UTF team (at least for me). I don't want to interfere in your internal structure. Just think about what will happen if there is one day an internal conflict between UTF members but every single member act for the "outside" (other teams) as he/she would represent the whole team. AST almost broke up because we didn't had fixed rules, which member has which permissions and duties. I really hope you guys never experience a conflict with a teammate and friend as we did.

Quote (Justice)
you're too curious person

Well, if you mean that I like to give and hear opinions and arguments, you are right. I think it's an effective way to learn. So in my personal philosophy there is no such thing like "too curious" wink

Quote (Justice)
UTF has nothing against you or the AST

Sure, I see your point. Imo we just had a misunderstanding at your shoutbox, mainly because I didn't knew about your concerns against such links. I said "sorry" (and can repeat it again if you want to wink ). I told you that I'll respect this rule in the future.
And because of my nature I just added my personal opinion about the "advertising" issue. Use my thoughts as you like. Write it in stone as your new bible or ignore it completely, I don't care smile

Sidenote about IceMan: as long as he doesn't get a ban or my team receives any reports, we assume that there is nothing serious. Bad behaviour at all servers or forums violates one of our member rules. If we get knowledge about such incidents, we are not afraid to punish our members (but some evidence would be nice though wink ).

Sincerely
AST|<<)))|Raptor

Message edited by Foobar - Tuesday, 29 May 12, 21:28

JusticeDate: Wednesday, 30 May 12, 04:09 | Post # 9
Major
Group: Friends
I absolutely agree with you Rick. Wise words booze first prof specool

How can you not believe in man? Even if you see that he's lying, listen and try to understand why he's lying.

Community Forum » General » General Discussion » Advertisement at the Shoutbox
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: