Welcome Guest! to the United Tactical Force Gaming Community!
  • Page 1 of 1
Community Forum » Support Center » Helping Area » Suggestion to server configuration (Spam-detection-system)
Suggestion to server configuration
HunterDate: Wednesday, 08 August 12, 17:54 | Post # 1
Private
Group: Friends
Hello guys,
I've been playing lately at your server |UTF| Tacical Server with some of your members and I've found a thing that should be changed in my mind. Since I couldn't find anywhere "Suggestion area" at your Forum, I've decided to put it here because It's called Helping Area after all. I hope I did right smile .

Now let's get back to my suggestion (moreless poin of this thread). It's about your current spam-detection system. I've found it as bug, not as an intention from your side. It's sensitive a lot. Players who are not logged in as an admin (so they are not ignored with this spam-detect-system) are being almost unable to write anything to chat. I was leading today and as is expected binds were ongoing. When I send 3 binds (Team ALPHA - On my go - Use Flashbang) fast, I'm getting muted for 20 seconds because of spamming. Not only me would be grateful if this thing would be changed, even fully removed. It's kinda stupid and useless I think. happy

With love
|ETS|Hunter

|ETS|Hunter

www.ets-clan.co.uk

SeppelDate: Wednesday, 08 August 12, 19:43 | Post # 2
Major
Group: Members
yes i know, but on the other side it can be usefull to block really spammers..
personally i think we should set the count a lil bit higher, that will help u button users wink

HunterDate: Wednesday, 08 August 12, 20:31 | Post # 3
Private
Quote (Seppel)
but on the other side it can be usefull to block really spammers..

Yes, this thing might block real spammers indeed, but as far it interferes to convenience gaming and it limits non-spammer players, even leaders, It's being useless. Since your server is called |UTF|Tacical Server, It's expected the game level will be higher than other servers have. This spam-detection-system apparently refutes this fact. While leader is muted for being "fast" while ordering team, the whole tactical briefing is just delayed and the game might not become to expected success. It also involves players who might be giving report about suspect position or any other fact that could alter the game process. It's worth for noting how many spammers and players are really handicapped with this spam-detection-system. The ratio of it is around 20 to 1 (maybe higher). There is not so many players that bother others with spamming, indeed. You would fully understand my thoughts if this spam-detection-system would be applied for admins as well. wink

Peacefully
|ETS|Hunter

|ETS|Hunter

www.ets-clan.co.uk

Message edited by Hunter - Wednesday, 08 August 12, 20:35

LechDate: Wednesday, 08 August 12, 20:47 | Post # 4
Generalissimo
Group: Leadership
Thank you Hunter for finding that bug
i forgot to edit mute time on the second serv smile

HunterDate: Wednesday, 08 August 12, 20:53 | Post # 5
Private
You're welcome Lech biggrin
Catch you on the server buddy.

|ETS|Hunter

www.ets-clan.co.uk

Community Forum » Support Center » Helping Area » Suggestion to server configuration (Spam-detection-system)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: