Welcome Guest! to the United Tactical Force Gaming Community!
  • Page 1 of 1
Community Forum » Support Center » Helping Area » Apache's Guide to SWAT 4 Tweaks
Apache's Guide to SWAT 4 Tweaks
ApacheDate: Friday, 09 March 12, 21:38 | Post # 1
Sergeant
Group: Users
Greetings, having played with the SDK and having played swat for quite a while, you may (or may not) be aware of lots of .ini tweaks you can use to improve swat.

Step 1: Close swat, when swat closes it saves a copy of INI, if swat is currently open, it will overwrite all your changed settings.

Step 2: Select tweaks (see below)

Step 3: Enable tweaks

Step 4: Right click on swat4x.ini and tick read only, otherwise some tweaks will be disabled by swat automatically.

Step 5: Ignore the cannot write msg when starting swat, this will always happen from now on, once closed it makes no difference to SWAT at all.

Step 6: Enjoy! Play!

TWEAKS:

Improve Swat 4 Loading Performance:

Under [engine.gamengine] class there is a variable called CacheSizeMegs, by default set to 32.

This is a Cache swat uses to monitor texture usage, loading items etc. When swat was released 32meg was more or less all that could be afforded. Present day machines however have much larger RAM amounts and can have higher numbers.

WARNING ENABLING THIS TWEAK ON A TOP END MACHINE MAY BE DETRIMENTAL TO PERFORMANCE.
In tests i conducted with my own machine (which is a brute) i found loading times to increase on average by a few seconds if i went past 512 with no affect upon gameplay. As such 256 is the max setting recommended regardless of machine power.

This tweak only works for older PC's that say cannot load SWAT on max settings or are seeing large loading times.

To improve performance change

Code
CacheSizeMegs=32

to a higher number. (64 or 128 is recommended, any more and the game may have increased loading times due to too much cache. 256 is also a valid amount for top end machines.)

Set custom resolution

WARNING: REQUIRES READ-ONLY TO BE SET AFTER TWEAK.

Useful if your used to having 1920x1080 resolution and suddenly finding 1024x800 being forced annoying. (i know i did!)

Open Swat4x.INI and find
Code

fullscreenviewportX
fullscreenviewportY

These two variables control Width and Height respectively. e.g. for 1920x1080 set them to:

Code

FullscreenViewportX=1920
FullscreenViewportY=1080

Windowed Mode

WARNING: THIS TWEAK REQUIRES READ ONLY TO BE SET AFTER USE.

Once tweak has been enabled press Alt + Enter in game to switch from full to windowed mode.

Code

Suppress=WindowedMode

This little line causes the game to refuse to accept windowed mode due to bugs and other problems. (which remarkably enough seem non-existent when used.)

To enable this tweak change the line to:

Code
;Suppress=WindowedMode

The ; acts as a comment and makes the game ignore the line when reading the ini, thus allowing windowed mode once more.

To change windowed mode resolution change

Code

WindowedViewportX=1024
WindowedViewportY=768

To the resolution wanted. (see changing resolution tweak for further details.)

Additional Graphical settings (Gamma, Brightness, Contrast.)

CURRENTLY UNKNOWN IF READ ONLY REQUIRED.

Underneath the resolution in swat4x.ini are brightness contrast and gamma controls, simply change them at will.

Code

Brightness=0.600000
Contrast=0.600000
Gamma=1.200000

That's all for now folks.

MikeDate: Friday, 09 March 12, 22:15 | Post # 2
Major general
Group: GameMaster
I like it I do really like it.

Tnx to floffypus for the sign :D

Community Forum » Support Center » Helping Area » Apache's Guide to SWAT 4 Tweaks
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: